The Schick Hydro silk Trimstyle Razor Review


What is it? What makes it special?

The Schick Hydro Trimstyle razor has a couple different features combined all in one razor. Its a five blade razor with water-activated hypoallergenic moisturizing serum. This serum is supposed to keep your legs hydrated up to 2 hours after you shave and is dermatologist tested. The five blades have skin guards and move with your curves to get a close safe shave. The main feature is the trimmer which is battery powered and has an adjustable comb to customize the length of the hair in your bikini area. You can also use it to make fun designs if you wish.





How does it work?
     I used this razor a few times now with all of the features and there are pros and cons. At first I absolutely loved it. It was hands down the best razor in my eyes and I was completely ready to throw out my men's razors. Then a few days later I started to get bumps and irritation on my bikini area and underarms which I barely got when I used my CVS brand knock off Gillette razor. This might be because I have sensitive skin or it could be the hydrating serum clogging the pores in those areas. I have not figured it out yet and I don't know If I ever will. So I would not recommend using the razor on your underarms or bikini area if you are prone to irritation thanks to sensitive skin!

    Now onto my legs, they look absolutely wonderful after shaving though as you can see in the photo above. I got a really close shave that was incredibly hydrating. I did not even have to lotion my legs at all after which is just amazing. I usually come out of the shower with dry legs that seem to have white skin flaking off thanks to my razor so lotion is a must, but with the schick hydro trimstyle it isn't anymore. I'd definitely call this a leg only razor for us sensitive women but I'd be willing to buy it just for legs as it really does a wonderful job getting all of my curves.

    Let's not forget the trimmer, what to say about the trimmer. I honestly don't have any use for it as I just shave it off. It's just easier for me. I did grow out my bikini area to try it though and It did and alright job. My hair was still short at maybe 1/4 of an inch so that may also be why I did not like it. Though it is adjustable to go down to that far. I took the comb off and used it that way. I can see how this would be useful for someone who grows their bikini area out then trims it but not useful for anyone who maintains their baldness.

     So overall I'd give it a 5 out of 10. Its great for someone who does not have sensitive skin, does not consistently shave their bikini area and has use for the trimmer as well as anyone who enjoys a close hydrating shave. I just really don't have a use for it sadly.


You can get the razor at any Wal-mart, Target, or drugstore as well as online!


Disclaimer: I got this product free for review from Bzzagent.





 



0 comments

Thanks for reading, come back again some time!