Cheesy Cauliflower Breadsticks/Pizza! Delicious, Gluten free and vegetarian!




     I am by no means a master chef or graceful in the kitchen but needing to be Gluten Free means I can't just pop something in the microwave anymore. The kitchen might look like a tornado hit it by the time I am finished but its worth the delicious healthy meals that come from it. Today I made cheesy cauliflower breadsticks.  I LOVE fine bread so going gluten free was really tough and obviously when I figured out you can substitute cauliflower I got pretty excited. I'm not a huge fan of cauliflower on its own, I really don't like to eat it steamed with salt and butter. It needs to be mixed in a dish, like this one from Jocooks with copious amounts of cheese! (I am pretty sure I went overboard with the cheese but I happen to be a cheese fanatic so don't be afraid to get a little crazy!) I tweaked the recipe a bit to my own liking as well as added directions to make it into a pizza and I'll share that here with you.

SO HOW WAS IT?


This was an amazing find and I am so glad I made it. It is quite possibly my new favorite dish. I have eaten it alone as well as with my salads. It tastes nearly identical to breadsticks so its a fantastic way to get your veggies and protein in but feel like you're cheating. Also great for tricking children into healthy eating habits *hint hint*.  I have not tried the pizza version of this yet but I mean the breadsticks with marinara and ranch was enough to tell me that it will be amazing so I should have some photos of my pizza up soon!  I am a HUGE lover of food and a tough critic when it comes down to it so I give this a 10/10. These breadsticks are flavorful, healthy and filling its like a party in your mouth from the first bite. You cannot go wrong with these.



ALLERGY WARNING: DAIRY

PREP TIME:  15 min

COOK TIME: 40 min

_________________________________________________________________________________

INGREDIENTS

  1. 1 Large head of cauliflower
  2. 4 eggs
  3. 2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese 
  4. 1 to 2 cups mozzarella cheese 
  5. 1 Tbsp. oregano
  6. 2 fresh cloves of garlic, finely chopped
    1 can of pizza sauce (optional)
    various pizza toppings (optional)
________________________________________________________________

INSTRUCTIONS


  1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line one large baking sheet with parchment paper for bread/thick crust pizza or two smaller baking sheets for thinner crust pizza's.
  2. Wash your cauliflower and chop into small florets. Use a food processor to pulse until cauliflower resembles rice.
  3. Add the cauliflower rice you just created to a microwaveable bowl then microwave for 10 minutes. While this is cooking use the food processor to chop your garlic cloves.
  4. When finished add in the eggs, oregano, sharp cheddar and garlic to the cauliflower rice and mix thoroughly.
  5. For breadsticks or thick crust pizza pour entire mixture on large baking sheet and spread into the shape you want keeping it about an inch thick. For pizza separate the mixture evenly onto two baking sheets in the shape you'd like keeping it about 1/2 inch thick.
  6. Stick the crust into the oven with no topping and bake for 25 minutes or until a nice golden brown. Now add the mozzarella cheese on top and any sauce or pizza toppings you prefer and bake until the cheese is melted and gooey.
  7. Slice and serve with marinara sauce and ranch dressing.
________________________________________________________________________






0 comments

Thanks for reading, come back again some time!