I GOT GLUTENED AND IT IS NOT PRETTY! LITERALLY!

This is my normal face:


This is my face after one Redds Apple Ale which I was told was Gluten Free:



     Last night was the PA Vape Off V2. Now that my boyfriend owns a vape shop its my job to show up to these events and help promote the shop, try new e juice and make contacts. This one was at a bar and I decided to order what I was previously told was a gluten free drink, a Redds Apple Strawberry Ale. Which just so happened to be my favorite drink before finding out I had a gluten sensitivity. Me being the obvious Pisces that I am, believing others too much did not make sure that it was GF myself. STUPID IDEA! My reaction started about 10 minutes in, I had itching in my mouth as well as upset stomach. At about 20 minutes in I was racing to the bathroom. Stupid me kept drinking the Ale even after my boyfriend suggested that maybe it was not gluten free to which I reassured him that the guy who sold beer at the giant (HAH) told us it was. Then I went home, went to bed and woke up like the second picture above. About scared myself half to death. So I figured I might as well turn this into a learning experience on what can happen when you get glutened after going gluten free! Continue reading for what exactly happens and the symptoms to look out for as they could differ from mine!

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU GET GLUTENED?

     Depending on if you have a gluten sensitivity, allergy or have celiac disease the severity of what may happen will vary. Even with a Gluten sensitivity you may have severe symptoms mimicking celiac or an allergy so never thing that just because you do not have celiac or won't go into anaphylaxis that eating gluten is still safe for you. One you detox your body from gluten and have stopped ingesting it for a good period of time, the next time you ingest gluten your symptoms will be worse than they previously were. Your body becomes more and more sensitive to gluten the longer you abstain from it. So if originally you just felt sluggish and tired, now you might have a swollen face like in my case. Many different things can happen when you get glutened. I found some of the symptoms online and here is a list of 47 of them.


SYMPTOMS OF BEING GLUTENED!

  1. Extreme fatigue
  2. Joint pain
  3. Swelling
  4. Bloating
  5. Clothes don’t fit
  6. Abdominal pain
  7. Extreme thirst
  8. Brain fog
  9. Gas
  10. Irritability
  11. Flu-like symptoms
  12. Skin rashes
  13. Nausea
  14. Heartburn
  15. Vomiting
  16. Intestinal cramping/severe urges
  17. Heart attack feeling
  18. Dizziness
  19. Anxiety
  20. Restlessness
  21. Ringing in ears
  22. Vertigo
  23. Heart palpitations/irregular heart beat
  24. Extremely emotional
  25. Joint pain in fingers similar to carpal tunnel
  26. Concentration problems
  27. Sweating/Cold Sweats
  28. Depression
  29. Gums ache
  30. Weight gain
  31. Eczema
  32. Pimples
  33. Aggravates other symptoms from other diseases like arthritis or PCOS
  34. Mouth Sores including canker sores
  35. Puffiness in the face
  36. PMS symptoms
  37. Cravings for more gluten filled foods
  38. Dermatitis Herpetiformis outbreak
  39. Sinus pain and running nose
  40. Migraines
  41. Swollen ankles (edema)
  42. Shortness of breath
  43. Numbness in limbs, tingly sensations
  44. Acid Reflux
  45. Constipation
  46. Raging Anger and Severe Mood swings
  47. Swollen tongue

Be Safe and Stay Sans Gluten!
     



0 comments

Thanks for reading, come back again some time!